Processing Ticket Sales
This is a quick guide to help you process basic ticket sales in Box Office.
1. Select the Event from the Events section.
2. Select quantity of tickets for each price level by clicking the numbered boxes below the price level headers. As tickets are added, the Cart will update the order total. Larger quantities can be selected using the Other option. (Note: For reserved seating events, the quantity buttons will select the best available seats within the chosen section.)
3. Click the Checkout button. If any questions have been applied to any event in the order, they will appear in a prompt after clicking Checkout. (In the interest of processing sales quickly, your staff may click Skip to skip all questions, including those marked as "required.") (If at some point you need to edit or clear the tickets selected before processing, click the Edit button in the Order Details column on the right.)
4. Select Delivery Options. The default delivery method is No Delivery, which is ideal for sales processed at the event that doesn't require providing the customer with a ticket. The options displayed here are determined based on your settings in Preferences in the Box Office menu.
5. Select a payment method. Options include Cash, Check, Credit Card and Comp. (This basic walkthrough assumes that a single customer is paying for the entire order. Please refer to the section below to learn about splitting a payment.)
6. Edit ticket details. These fields are optional (e.g., First Name, Last Name, Email) and will determine the customer's information in your account. If an email is entered, a confirmation email will be automatically delivered to the customer upon completion of the order (enabled by default in your settings in the Box Office's Preferences menu — you can choose whether to send on a customer-by-customer basis).
7. Enter billing details. This option will change based on the chosen payment method.
- Credit Card displays the following fields: Name on Card, Card Number, Security Code, Expiration Month, Expiration Year.
- Cash displays a Cash Collected field and a Change Due field.
- Check displays a required Check Number field.
- Comp displays an optional message field.
8. Enter Account/Billing Address. These are optional fields (including Address lines, City, State, Country, Postal Code) which will update and complete the customer's information in the system. If the relevant mailing delivery method is selected, shipping address fields will be displayed and must be completed to process the sale.
9. Click the Complete Order button to finalize the transaction.
10. Confirmation of the order will appear with various ticket and receipt action items.
(Please note: The option to split payments among multiple customers is not enabled by default, so please contact email@example.com if you are interested in adding this option to Box Office.)